Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, our focus at Emerald has been on the health and safety of our customers, our staff and our communities. In preparing for secure reopening of our events, we have developed a preparedness, prevention and response plan designed to welcome you back.
This plan is a comprehensive, multi-layered approach that is fluid and will continue to evolve based on guidance issued by the World Health Organization (WHO), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and federal, state, and local governments.
To date, Emerald has successfully traded two, secure, safety-first face-to-face events: International Gift Expo of the Smokies in November 2020 and Surf Expo in January 2021. Emerald developed event-specific health and safety plans that adhered with city, state and venue requirements and aligned with the Preparedness, Prevention & Response Plan.
Emerald’s commitment to providing assurance and confidence that our events have your health and safety as our number one priority
- Preparedness, Prevention & Response Plan
- SISO/UFI Deeper Dive: Case Study on Surf Expo
- SISO/UFI Deeper Dive: Case Study on IGES & SMGS
- World Health Organization: Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- World Health Organization: Advice for the public
- World Health Organization: Coronavirus disease (COVID-2019) Situation reports
- World Health Organization: Getting your workplace ready for COVID-19
- Center for Disease Control: Coronavirus Updates
- Center for Disease Control: About Coronavirus
- Center for Disease Control: Get Your Mass Gatherings or Large Community Events Ready for Coronavirus Disease 2019
- Center for Disease Control: Coronavirus Disease 2019 Information for Travel
- Center for Disease Control: Global COVID-19 Travel Notices
- Center for Disease Control: Activities and Initiatives Supporting the COVID-19 Response and the President’s Plan for Opening America Up Again
- U.S. Travel Association Emergency Preparedness and Response: Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- U.S. Travel Association: A Message from Leaders of the Meetings and Events Industry
- Emerald Joins Go Live TOGETHER Coalition
- Society of Independent Show Organizers (SISO) COVID-19 Resources
- UFI publishes global framework for reopening businesses
- The Event Safety Alliance Reopening Guide
- Pathways opening for Trade Show in the U.S., Overseas with new standards, government greenlights
Business Assistance Information
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources
- When Can You Apply for a CARES Act Loan?
- Commercial Support Program
- Business Assistance for Retailers